This article will outline how to create a referral letter.
For patients who require referral to a specialist, a referral letter can be created from their medical.
Hospitals and Consultants must first be created to populate the dropdown menus.
Click here for more information How to create a list of hospital consultants.
A referral can be generated when a medical has a status of Ready for Approval or Approved.
To create a referral:
- From the Medical Workflow box, click on Referrals > Create Referral
- Select a Consultant from the pre-populated dropdown menu.
- Enter the required Referral Details
- To include findings / results, select relevant Health Categories
- Choose Save Draft if you wish to complete the referral later
- Click on Create Referral once all data is complete.
- The number of Referrals created for a patient is indicated in the Medical Workflow box
- Click on Referrals to:
- View a list of Referrals created for a patient
- Open or delete a Referral
- Turn on Sharing to provide a patient with access to a referral letter
Once you have selected Create Referral you cannot edit the content. It will be necessary to delete and create a new referral if amendments are required